If you think this is ugly, you should have seen it in person!
Some of the things we didn't like about the original kitchen:
One of the first things we did when we moved in was change the appliances. All the harvest-gold electic doodads went out
to the curb, and we brought in a nice white dishwasher. The coolest thing was that we had Barry's Kenmore refrigerator
painted white - it was almond in her previous condo. The dude who did it was a bit strange, but he did nice work.
- There wasn't enough room for more than 2 people in the preparation area
- The framed cabinets were too small to fit some items
- The cabinets were too dark for our taste
- Textured countertops were impossible to keep clean
- Really busy linoleum floor
- Electric stove
The next thing that went was that floor. We replaced it with a Mannington Silver
Series vinyl floor with a tile pattern. After a coat of paint and a new border, the kitchen at least looked tolerable.
We lived with the existing cabinets for two years, but soon a full remodeling was in order.
Next to see real work done to the kitchen
Back to the Home Improvement Page